How to apply
If you want to take part in the MEU Vienna 2018 (22.-25 February 2018), you need to submit an application until December 15. It asks for your contact data, preferences and also for a short letter of motivation in which you tell us why you want to apply for the MEU Vienna. You also need to choose your desired role in the MEU (Member of Parliament, Minister of the Council of the EU or Journalist). When the application period is finished we will go through all applications and choose the participants. In doing so we will try to get a good mix from as many countries as possible and also keep a balanced gender distribution. All applicants will then be contacted by us. Those chosen will then have to transfer the participation fee to our account and in turn will recieve all the information necessary to prepare for the MEU Vienna 2018.
- You have to write a motivational letter describing why you want to take part in the MEU Vienna.
- You are required to submit a CV without a photograph.
- Motivational letter and CV need to be submitted in english.
- If chosen you will have to pay the participation fee of € 105,-/85,- (with/without hotel) ahead of the conference. If you absolutely can’t afford the participation fee, please contact us to find a solution so that nobody is excluded out of monetary issues, however you have to contact us before the end of the application period in order for your request to be considered. In case of cancellation after the established date, the fee is not refundable.
- The fee covers the participation, accommodation (if chosen), lunch, dinner and social events. Additional food and transport to-from Vienna to your country has to be paid for by yourself.
- If the fee is not transfered in time, we reserve the right to give your spot in the conference to somebody else on the waiting list. If you have to cancel, please tell us so in time, so we can find a replacement. Unfortunately, any participation fee transfered can not be returned after the established date (we will inform you via email).
- If you need a visa to enter Austria, we of course will try to help you as best as we can, but you have to organise it yourself. We can not provide you with an invitational letter, but just a confirmation of participation. See also our FAQs here.
- The conference is for about 100-140 participants.
- The official language of the conference is English.
- The dresscode of the conference is formal attire during all working sessions.